Mission and Vision
Our mission is to pursue cutting-edge scientific research in all modern branches of physics with the involvement of students at all stages of scientific inquiry. We are committed to excellence in preparing our students to take up challenges in exploring novel ideas in physics and provide them the opportunities to bring out their potential to the fullest.
As the METU Physics Department, we are resolved to follow the innate desire of the humankind to know more about the structure of the universe from the tiniest scale of quarks to those of nano devices and from there to the scale of the galaxies and the universe itself and keen to contribute to a paradigm of new perspectives for a sustainable future for our planet and its inhabitants.
- envisages and strives to provide an academic learning enviorment that strongly contributes in all aspects to the academic development of the students,
- encourages students to freely express themselves individually and collectively in order to achive an internationally competative level of academic training,
- is fully committed to excellence in all forms of academic inquiry,
- pays utmost care and attention to internationly accepted academic and etic codes and principles in conducting research
- aims to share and disseminate the contemporary research results to the scientific community and the general public using all available modern means of communication.